I have been matched betting for over 2 years and I use Profit Accumulator who list all the offers and provide the software and support forums. It has been a fantastic way for me to earn money from home, see my blog posts on My Matched Betting Journey and Two Years In for my journey so far!
If you are thinking of starting out in matched betting, here are my 5 top tips:
1. Keep a separate bank account which you only use for your matched betting. Then you know you are not touching your other money. When I need to use some of the matched betting profits I transfer it into my main account.
2. Keep a record of the offers you do and what funds you have in each bookie. At the beginning you will be doing one or two offers at a time so it is easy to keep track of when free bets are due and where your money is. Keeping a record is a good habit to get into for when you have many more offers going on at the same time.
3. Don't touch your matched betting funds for the first 3 months. As tempting as it may be DON'T! The offers on Profit Accumulator are done in a specific order to build up your betting bank, and a very good piece of advice given on the instructions, is to let that bank build for about the first three months so that you then have enough funds available to to any offer you want and many offers at once.
4. Watch the videos and follow the instructions carefully and take time to check what you have done. Mistakes will happen, even after more than two years I make mistakes occasionally! If you make a mistake don't panic, ask for help on the forum if you need to. There are many experienced matched bettors on the forum who are willing to help, as well as profit accumulator support staff. If nothing can be done to put your mistake right, just move on to the next offer!
5. Make use of the forum. Each offer has a link to the forum where that offer is being discussed. You can ask anything you need to know about the offer here, you may find that someone else has already asked the same! There are also other parts of the forum where you can ask other things and pick up general tips and advice.
If you are looking for a way to earn money from home, especially in the short term, I would highly recommend matched betting. It is easier than it sounds, I had never placed a bet in my life before I started matched betting!
If you are thinking about it, follow the link to Profit Accumulator, try out the first two offers and see how you get on!
It's holiday time coming up.....are you ready?! Whether you have your own business or whether you work for someone else from home, taking a whole 6 weeks (or more) off is not usually an option!! I work from home because of the flexibility it gives me, but it can be very hard to get things done in the summer holidays! Don't abandon your work / business over the summer even though it can be hard, you will be glad you didn't in September.
If you work from home and you struggle to get things done over the school holidays, here are some of the things I do to keep things ticking over:
1. Schedule what you can NOW. Social media posts, blog posts can all be scheduled in advance and will ensure your audience don't think you have disappeared off the face of the earth for 6 weeks!! So put some hard work in now, get those posts scheduled and its so much less to worry about.
2. Prioritise your work and focus on the most important tasks to be done each week. Be prepared to get less done than you do normally, so lower your expectations, but still focus on the important things to get done. Think about what MUST I do, what SHOULD I do, and what can definitely be left until another date.
3. Have a bag of work to pick up and take out and about with you. You may find there is a spare half an hour when the kids are playing, when you can get some work done. I often find I can get a fair bit done in an hour at soft play!
4. Have a Power Hour - an hour when you focus on specific important tasks with minimum distractions. I often use power hours even when it is not school holidays! A good time might be before the kids get up or after they go to bed. Or depending on the age of your children, if you find a time when they are focused on something, you can use that time as a power hour. My daughter loves crafting and I set her up with lots of crafting bits while I settle to a power hour. You can do these as often as you like during a week and it can be surprising what you can get done when you minimise distractions!
5. If you are in a position to use holiday clubs / organised activities for the kids then DO IT!! You can get a lot done in your business in a morning or afternoon and the kids will love doing something a bit different. This is great a few times over the summer to give you a little extra time to get stuff done!
Most importantly have some time off with your children and lots of fun!! I have holidays booked in when I will not be doing anything as it is my family time, but I know my posts are scheduled! It is also good for you to have a break as it will help you be more focused when you return to 'normal' working hours in September.
So in summary, get organised, prioritise, have fun and time off, but don't abandon your work!
Love Teresa x
Check out my other blogs on Working From Home Tips
To know more about my work from home options visit the 'How I earn' tab
For money saving tips you will need the 'Money Saving Tips' tab.
Hi, I am Teresa. I am mum to two gorgeous children and I work from home. This blog is about my journey working from home. I hope to be able to help others who are looking for an additional income, or are looking for ways to save money.